Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A visit to Deniliquin and the Summers Past Exhibition



What a delightful day I spend in Deniliquin this week just gone ! My family and I had a wonderful spring day out, playing in this fine old country town's central park, enjoying the ducks on the pond, and mammoth age old fig & date palm trees. We also had time to take in the beautiful heritage buildings that line the street (many art deco lovelies amongst them!) and enjoy an all too brief visit to the lovely 'Country Cottage Antiques and Linens' store located at 220 Cressy Street, Deniliquin. After a delicious mini lemon tart at the Bakery, we wandered around to the Peppin Heritage Center and was totally inspired by the beautiful Summers Past exhibition on display there until the end of September. A happy little family day out !


A couple of Deniliquin's Art Deco buildings

Summers Past Exhibition

A brilliant exhibition of glorious photographs from the 1950's and 1960's, depicting Australia's love affair with the outdoors in summertime - simply magical ! "Summer holidays were always the best of times and for today's baby boomers the exhibition images are bound to stir distant memories of idyllic days spent at the beach" Well, I am no baby boomer by any stretch and I simply love these glorious images....if you live in the nearby area and can get to Deni before the end of September, then I highly recommend you take a peek !









1 comment:

  1. Deni is not too far from me, I think I should make the trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails