Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Living Doll - July 2011

People can surprise our lives with such beauty and vivacity of spirit, and I must admit that since becoming more involved in the vintage loving community, I have been blown away by the goodness, generosity, care and kindness of so many of the lovely people I meet. Despite what the media would have us believe, the world is not 'going to the dogs' any more than any other time in history, and this months adorable living doll is proof that people in general are beautiful on both the inside and out !! Here is the darling of 'Lucky Trix', Tara-Lee......


What does 'vintage' mean to you?

Vintage to me is anything from the 50s and earlier.


What was it that first prompted your interest in vintage culture?

My partner, Jesse and his family have been a part of the rockabilly scene for a very long time and when he introduced me to Wintersun, I fell in love with it. The clothing, the music, the cars – I loved it all. I have always had a admiration for pin up girls and try to incorporate that style into my every day look.

 
What is your favourite era, and do you 'live it' every day? In what ways?

I’d have to say the 50s, the outfits back then were amazing. I would love to try hunt down some fabulous dresses, skirts and capris from this era (or inspired by the era) to wear in everyday life. I think the 50s were such a glamorous and beautiful time for fashion. It seemed to be all about embracing the hourglass figure =)


Tell us about your favourite item of vintage clothing, kitchenalia, music, furniture or whatever !

My favourite vintage item does not actually belong to me, it is my daughter’s. Her Grandparents bought her a beautiful 50s sailor dress and she looks ever so adorable in it.


Can you share with us why vintage culture continues to hold such appeal for you?

Nothing is the same. You go into a mainstream store and buy an item of clothing and I can guarantee that you will see a lot of other girl’s walking around the shopping centre in similar or the same items. With vintage, I am yet to find two women ever wearing the same item. I love that, it gives us a chance to be original.


Do you have any tips for anyone starting out in the vintage scene?

I am also just starting out in the vintage scene and I guess all I can say is do your research. Ask people you know in the scene where the hot spots for purchasing vintage items are and even check out some op shops, you can find some little treasures in there. Another piece of advice – even though ‘everyday people’ may look at you funny, if you love it – do it! It doesn’t matter if you don’t fit into society, you’d be surprised how many people love vintage like you.

Now is your chance to provide us with an overview of who you are and what you do.
I am a Mummy to a gorgeous 17 month old little girl, Miss Lily Trix. I am a Stay-At-Home Mum who is obsessed with anything cupcake related and I run a hair accessories and jewellery line – Lucky Trix Creations (www.facebook.com/luckytrixcreations) in my spare time =)

I love to bake, I am dreaming of a kitchen right out of the 50s.

I enjoy spending time with my family and friends =)

I am looking forward to shedding the baby weight and getting into some pin up modelling in the future !


Finally, what or who inspires you and why?

My better half, Jesse. He brings out the creative side in me and is always so supportive of my dreams. He works hard for the family and is the most laid back and down to Earth person I know. My daughter also inspires me to step back and just enjoy the little things in life, stop and watch the butterflies dancing over our heads and giggle at silly things and always have a smile for everyone.



3 comments:

  1. Nawww I love these posts (me next month yay ;-))
    The vintage community is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails