Sunday, November 25, 2012

A little secret.....


Can I share a little secret with you? I LOVE Barbie Dolls......OK that may not come as such a surprise, but I thought I would share my love of pop culture and this classic mid century doll with you......
 
Firstly, if anyone can tell me the name of the Barbie pictured above and where I might get hold of her I will be eternally in your debt. Also, I am so curious to know what other dolls appear in this picture and of course to see the overall image itself............
 
Below is a photograph of my collection of dolls as it stands right now.....I have many plans to continue to add to this, so I guess one of the best investments I could make would be to obtain a cabinet to house them all in - I am running out of room in my walk in robe - and they are so beautiful they should be on display !!!!

My collection at the moment......
 

 
Coming additions (I hope ! But over many years of course, not all at once !)..........







 










 
 
I loved Barbies as a child and spent hours making them beautiful clothes to wear (now I just make the clothes for myself instead), but my adult love for the dolls can be attributed to a birthday gift from my friends Lisa, Catherine and Mel about 3 years ago, when I received the anniversary 1959 doll.....look at what you have started girls !! With much gratitude I blame you three for the rekindling of my Barbie love !!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. The doll is Marie Therese Barbie, no longer available I see on the site.
    More info and pics are here.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/42498300@N07/5040287775/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jaede - you are SOOOOOOO wonderful !! Thankyou for this information - I am eternally in your debt !!!.....and now to track down Marie Therese Barbie.....

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails