Monday, March 21, 2011

Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies

Since moving into my own rental cottage, I must confess I have been very slack on the cooking front. Recently, however, I seem to be finding my mojo again - to the great delight of my little poppets !! Here is a sample of some goodies.......


Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies

125g butter softened
125g sugar
75g soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
135g plain flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
85g oats
250g chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 190 degrees C (375 F). Grease 2 large baking trays. Put butter, sugars, vanilla and egg in a bowl and beat with an electric whisk untill smooth.
Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarb soda and mix well. Stir in the oats and choc chips.
Put two tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl.
Taking a tablespoon of cookie mixture, form into a ball, dip one side in the sugar and place sugar side up on the baking sheet.
Press down the cookine using the bottom of a glass to make a flat circle.
 Bake in oven for 5-10 mins until golden.
Serve with milk or a smoothie to your kids, and maybe a glass of my home made bailies to your hubby for supper together !!

Perfect end to the day !

2 comments:

  1. Just made a batch of these and they were a big hit with the family!! (with 1 tsp baking powder?) Very heavy on the choc chips and very yum!!! One of my own family oatmeal cookie recipes uses a similar technique with the sugar, except you butter the base of a glass and then dip it in the sugar and then flatten the cookies. I must find the recipe to show you! They were "Selma's Best Oatmeal Cookies" from Peg Bracken's "I Hate to Cook Book"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds terrific - would love to give them a whirl...... any recipys from a book called "I hate to Cook" sound like winners to me !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails