Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Music of the moment....JD McPherson

I have just discovered the most wonderful new artist (or at least new to me !!) and had to share him with you..... JD McPherson. In a review by Chicago Radio stations WXRT they share that

"JD’s actually from Oklahoma, but according to the Hi-Style website, they brought JD to the big city of Chicago to record this album.......... If ’50s rock ‘n’ roll and/or old soul is your thing, this album should be a slam-dunk."

My words seem so inadiquate to describe what to me is the epitomy of a brilliant  50's  style artist , so check out this rockin film clip (click on the image below) - if it doesnt get your foot tapping then I would seriously consider booking into your local GP for a check up......you may be dead.......


All I can say is get yourself a copy of Signs and Signifiers as soon as you can, because every track is a killer (my personal favourites are "North Side Gal" and "Scratching Circles").

If you have already heard of JD, then please comment as I'd love to know your opinion and favourite songs too ! And guys, how about getting JD out for Wintersun or Greazefest one day if we can? That would be sensational !

3 comments:

  1. I love this guy! *saved* Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Northside Gal is a great tune. I believe Jimmy Sutton is in his band? Hope to see them sometime in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been searching for this guy since hearing him on WXRT! Thank you for posting! You made the search work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails