Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dreaming of Spring ......

Brrrr....winter is here. I know I should be enjoying rugging up in gorgeous coats, with velvet hats or natty beret's, lots of lovely layers and snuggling under quilts, but I simply cant help dreaming about the coming spring..... floaty dresses, cardigans, colour and roses in my garden again ! So I hunted out a couple of lovely magazines from 1958 to pour over the fashions and ideas from mid 20th Century Spring......I decided that you all might like to share some Spring dreaming with me, so here are some gowns that would leave Betty Draper green with envy. Oh, and by the way, if anyone has a decadent hot chocolate recipe for me to brave the next three months with, do let me know !!! Kisses to everyone !

























3 comments:

  1. Although I'm a sucker for plaid, and prefer to cold weather to warm, I COVET the green gingham by the white picket fence.

    Thank you for sharing, Alice Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. Myself, Ive opted not to do Winter...I am still wearing my dresses and just adding a knitted cardi...cold be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, such joyful clothing!
    I'm now off to go through my sewing patterns for some Spring projects xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails