Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Fabulous Vintage Hairstyles

 
Today I am off to the Kerang Boxing Day races with my lovely friend Mardi (photos to come later) and although I adore hats and have a lovely little collection of them, somehow I just never feel they do me any favours. So, the decision has been made, I am going with my usual flowers in hair instead (and summer brolly to save my skin!) That being the case, I need a wonderful vintage hairstyle to sport my flowers, and where better to look than my WONDERFUL Vintage Hairstyle Book.....



I picked up this treasure in preparation for the fashion parade I hosted last November.....there I was, walking innocently down the main street of Camperdown, at the Camperdown Rockabilly Festival in October, when this book literally accosted me on the street. I picked it up and simply could not leave it there - not when it was jam packed with wonderful advice, hairstyles galore, instructions and inspiration. It was perfect fodder for encouraging my fashion parade models !
 
 
 
I have been wanting to promote this book on my blog ever since, but to my great dismay, I have lost the business card of the wonderful woman who sold it to me! Honey, please forgive me ! I know you are a reader of my blog, however, so please please please contact me and I will rectify this unfortunate situation immediately - I want to give you the recognition you so deserve, and promote your great products !
 
 
My fabulous fashion parade models getting ready with their vintage hairstyles !
 
In the meantime, let me share some of my favourite styles from this book, hoping that you find the inspiration my fashion parade models and I did. As for my race day hairstyle, hmmmm, well, in an attempt to invoke the whole 60's thing (I have just finished watching Mad Men Season 5) I am going to attempt a Sophia Loren look below I think, with flowers of course !! Stay tuned to see if I actually pulled it off !! Happy Boxing Day people......
 
 
 
From Wikipedia:
 
In Britain, it was a custom for tradesmen to collect "Christmas boxes" of money or presents on the first weekday after Christmas as thanks for good service throughout the year. This custom is linked to an older English tradition: Since they would have to wait on their masters on Christmas Day, the servants of the wealthy were allowed the next day to visit their families. The employers would give each servant a box to take home containing gifts and bonuses, and sometimes leftover food.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails