Monday, December 6, 2010

Living Dolls - Miss December 2010



Our beautiful Miss December  - let me introduce you to the adorable Vivian Von Dimples !

What does 'vintage' mean to you?

Vintage to me means that one of a kind treasure that had a whole life of it’s own before it’s come into yours.

What was it that first prompted your interest in vintage culture?

When I was younger my mother would take me shopping and she would point out the styles of clothing that would and wouldn’t suit our figure. It took a while of awkward (and often quite embarrassing) outfits till I found my own sense of style that I felt suited my shape and personality but it didn’t take me long at all to find my way into the op-shops to dig out something fun and special for a fraction of the price of things in departments stores. One thing led to another and before I knew it I was wearing tight fitting eighties dresses with huge shoulder pads and peplums.

What is your favourite era, and do you 'live it' every day? In what ways?

As much I adore the fun gaudiness of the 80’s I found out that all the things I loved about it came from eras before. After a brief affair with the 40’s the 50’s stole my heart and since then I haven’t looked back.

My daily outfit consist of a pencil skirt (I don’t enjoy wearing pants), a blouse and/or cardigan or a shirt waisted dress. I try to keep a clear 50’s hourglass silhouette in my every day attire.

Tell us about your favourite item of vintage clothing, kitchenalia, music, furniture or whatever !

My favourite item ever? Gosh, what a hard question. I think it must be my wardrobe. It can’t be any older then 70’s maybe not even that old but I love the chipped white painted wood finish and it’s fancy old fashioned lock and key. But the thing I love most about it is that it keeps all my most precious clothing safe.

Oh, and my bobby socks offcourse.


Can you share with us why vintage culture continues to hold such appeal for you?

The pull to vintage for me is the thrill of the hunt. I love the feeling when you find that perfect dress, 60 years old but fit like it was made for you. When you sachet out of the change room and whoever’s there, whether it’s your best friend or the woman behind the counter, gasp and starts gushing.

Do you have any tips for anyone starting out in the vintage scene?

Start with your base, get a good skirt and a couple of blouses then build up. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to create the aesthetics to achieve that perfect look.

I also believe that it’s important to get the right undergarments. The right undergarments set the frame for a great looking outfit. I love my bustiers, bullet bras and girdles.

Now is your chance to provide us with an overview of who you are and what you do. Tell us as much or as little as you like !!!!

Vivian V. Dimples is a 22 year old second year costume student studding in Perth West Australia. She is known for her adorable dimples, voluptuous curves and a generous pout. Vivian is a budding burlesque star and show stopper.

Finally, what or who inspires you and why?

It’s cliché to say but Marilyn Monroe will always be such a great inspiration to me. Her vulnerability and innocence, in combination with an alluring beauty and sensuality made her a global sensation that will never be seen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails