Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Melbourne Cup ideas....




Home made dress from vintage fabric found at Boort Op Shop, bargain store cardi, beads from local op shop, hat $12 at a Brisbane vintage fair.....whole cost of outfit would be aprox.$30 at best.



Have been pondering what I would wear to the races if I should go ....and thought I would share a couple of my outfit ideas.....I think we need more excuses to dress up than the spring racing carnival though...dressing up is still so much fun - big 'little girl' that I am !!!!



Vintage hat $35 off ebay, dress $100 in vintage clothing store, beads $14 off ebay, gloves $5 in op shop. Whole outfit aprox $155



 

6 comments:

  1. How does one choose? I like the blue, it looks stunning against the red tresses. You will be the most fetching woman there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my they're both great outfits. :-) Races dont have to break the bank do they :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Girls, thanks ever so......and Esz you are so right, my wardrobe is so 'cheap' in every way except style !!! That gives me alot of pride to.....nothing like the thrill of thrifty style on a budget !!! Love you both !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say I am partial to the blue, stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think BOTH dresses look sensational!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails