Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Country Races - a great destination for vintage and contemporary fashion....

 
Last Saturday I had the wonderful opportunity of being a Fashions on the field judge at the Moulemein Country Races.....and despite the heat it really was such fun. Emily Wood from Local Mag and I sojourned together the hour or so up country from home to partake in the happy, relaxed and downright delightful carnival atmosphere. To my joy, there was a wonderful mix of innovative and stunning fashions, country characters, excellent music and deliciously gourmet fare...... I wanted to linger on enjoying the day for as long as I could.

 
As so many of my lovely readers are fashion lovers, I have included photographs of the winners of fashions on the field - at extreme top, lady of the day in her deliciously vintage-tinged outfit of beige and maroon - elegance personified. I should add at this juncture that the decision was not mine alone so there really was no favouritism for anyone in vintage adornment ! The vibrant lady in pink above was runner up for lady of the day - I adored the contrast of purple hydrangeas in her hat with the hot pink of her dress.



Runner up and winner of best hat shown above - lots of colour blocking to be seen at this years races and it was all good !
 


 
Emily and I braving the heat for some race day fun !

 
My outfit was a darling vintage hat purchased for $30 on ebay with a chiffon dress I made inspired by Elizabeth Taylor in 'Cat on a hot tin roof' and, of course, that famous dress of Marilyns ! (The majority of my concept did actually come from Elizabeth though!!!) You cant see in any of the photographs, but my shoes were grey snake skin pumps, purchased for $20 off Emily at a market 3 weeks earlier !!!



 
Just some happy snaps of the race meet.......


 
Coming up soon in this season for country racing, is the Boxing Day Kerang meet....something I would encourage everyone who can to get along to....... on offer, simply for attending, is a trip to Europe - who wouldnt want to be in on that? Besides, it is the perfect opportunity for we gals to frock up and enjoy being glamorous yet again......and gentlemen, every glamorous lady enjoys a handsome man to bring her a glass or two of champagne !!! Looking forward to seeing you all there !
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails