Sunday, February 12, 2012

Living Doll - Miss February

Living Dolls are mothers, nurses, models, photographers, graphic designers, grandmothers, students, teachers - infact you name it, they come from every walk of life but have this one thing in common - they love and live vintage !

OK Girls and Guys, hold onto your vintage hats....this months Living Doll is none other than My Little Rockabillies Kat Creasy, about to share her wonderous insights on life, passion and vintage love !!! And I couldnt choose from all her amazing photographs, so have gone over my usual quota of three - just so you could all continue to be inspired.........
What does 'vintage' mean to you?
 It means a passion i havent found in anything else, it is my whole world

 What was it that first prompted your interest in vintage culture?

My Parents love for classic cars rubbed off onto me at an early age, and i felt i needed to find a scene that would accept my fair skin and red hair- that was far from normal in Byron Bay

What is your favourite era, and do you 'live it' every day? In what ways?

 Everything i involve myself in, my friends, home,business and the way i dress reflects the 1940's and 50s. I personally prefer fashion wise the 1940s, i collect crepe dresses-and tailored suits

Tell us about your favourite item of vintage clothing, kitchenalia, music, furniture or whatever !

 I have this white floral dress that an elderly lady of 89 gave to me after seeing me on the collectors- she said that she knew i would treasure it, and i have! its my absolute favourite, it fits me perfectly and i was over the moon when i got the phone call from her.

Can you share with us why vintage culture continues to hold such appeal for you?

I think because i was so accepted straight away- even when i didnt when i didnt know anything about it, people took me under their wing and showed me whats what, my obsession with 50's atomic everything- jewellery, clothing and furniture has become a part of me- im totally and utterly in love with it.

Do you have any tips for anyone starting out?

All i can suggest is research like crazy- i wish i knew what i know now when i first started, i missed out on alot of bargains because i had no idea what things were worth and how collectable they were- and be yourself, find your on style and keep going until you feel comfortable in your own skin, what do you truly love about it all and the passion will remain for you.
 

Now is your chance to provide us with an overview of who you are and what you do.
 My I own 'My LittleRockabilly' which is a jewellery, accessories and makeup artistry label based in brisbane! I write a column for Australian Classic Car magazine 'Cruzin' called kat's kulture supporting designers within the rockabilly scene. And a Pin Up Column in International magazine 'Pinup America' I play Guitar, Bass and I Sing in our Brisbane based band "them lonesome bones"
I am an avid vintage collector, kustom kulture enthusiast and i obsessed with anything Atomic, Space Age, Western, Rockabilly, Horror,Psychobilly, Pin Ups, Hot Rods,street machines, Tiki & Burlesque. I dont like the simple things in life..i like fun excitement and travels, experiencing new things and gaining opportunities to fulfill my love for this kulture in any way shape and form that i can.. I adore meeting people with similar interests and making new friends

Finally, what or who inspires you and why?

This might sound crazy, but art deco and shabby chic bedrooms do. I could spend hours looking at boudoir pink, black and red 30's-50's bedrooms, queen anne dressers, i feel it rubs off onto me fashion wise and with my jewellery label- i love the elegance of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails