Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Buildings galore....


I have recently moved to the quaint little riverside hamlet of Cohuna in Northern Victoria, and, apart from continually raiding the remarkable trash and treasure shop here (smile) I have also enjoyed day dreaming about the potential residing in a couple of empty architectural treasures...... here are some photos......what would you do with these darling buildings if money was no object.........


A dance studio?.....

An antique shop?..........


A 50's diner?......


A music studio?......

Ahhh, to dream is to make our everyday lives brim full of hope.....
Aside from the potential in my new little home town, I have also recently had a trip to Hobart, where I spotted the following beautiful art deco buildings. There were many more to be seen, but I was a bit slack with my camera I am afraid...........


And a couple of pretty scenes too.....what an adorable city Hobart is. I felt very much at home and at peace there - I highly recommend a sojourn there if you can !


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations your move to this charming town! I can see what attracted you. I totally see the 2nd building being a 50's style diner. the Art Deco building is to die for!!! Love it! I look forward to you sharing with us all your explorations!
    Annmarie
    www.historicallyvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really fond memories of Cohuna - my relatives used to live there for many years. I wouldn't have thought that the trash and treasure shops would offer much success, but now I think about it, they probably would!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Hobart is a great little town. I love visiting there and while I couldn't live there now, it's probably where I will end up in later years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails