Thursday, September 12, 2013

Factory and Field - get ready shoppers !!!

 
I have been so honoured by my beautiful friend, photographer extraordinaire and owner of the old Cohuna Butter Factory, Jenny Finn. About 3 months ago, Jenni pinned me down and asked me to design and produce some one off, exclusive 50's and 60's themed outfits to sell at her thrilling new venture - Factory and Field. Needless to say, I have been busily sewing ever since, making all manner of peasant and pencil skirts in an array of colours (you wont find any black on the racks of my stalls - sorry gals), light gingham peasant tops, and scrounging second hand/vintage styled garments to add to the collection. You will just have to see the results for yourselves when Factory and Field opens in mid October!


 So what exactly is Factory and Field, I here you all whisper with breathless awe?
It is a giant retail space to be housed in the stunning 100 year old industrial butter factory in Cohuna - a short afternoon classic cars drive from the provincial city of Echuca or Bendigo.
 
 Photo: Looking forward to displaying these in the store :)
 
The space is set to house a vast array of locally produced artisan products - like my clothing but also dolls, art, woodwork, sculpture, beauty products, photography, jewellery, furniture...you know the kind of thing.
 
Photo: Lovely to have Brooke McInnes Photography putting a selection of her wonderful framed prints in the store.  Love these with the chevron patterned background. More pics to come :)
 
There will also be food and drinks available, as well as occasional live music events.  Factory and Field is set to become a highly used multifunctional interactive hub as well - car boot sales, art and craft lessons, children's activities, vintage markets, book club meeting space, art displays....anything you can possibly dream up will be there - and if they haven't thought of it, then leave a suggestion when you pass through !
 
 
 
My regular readers will be aware how passionate I am about community, activation and creation of rural resilience - particularly when it incorporates a celebration of anything vintage styled or themed. Factory and Field ticks all the boxes I that regard.
 
Photo: Some more examples of Brookes framed prints.  I LOVE these!!  A mix of modern and vintage and they are perfect!  So looking forward displaying these in the store.

Designs by - Brooke McInnes Photography
Photography by - Jenni Finn Photography
 
So do stay posted for updates of its impending opening celebrations - you know it is going to be just wonderful and you wont want to miss a thing !
 
Photo: I think graphic design could quite easily become an addiction :)  Fun today designing these art prints for a specific area in the store, black, teal and beige, love the colour combination. xx Jen
 
And people - don't forget to like the Facebook page for plenty of info, competitions and fun !
 
Photo: I really should be getting ready for work but I'd much rather be at home designing prints for the store!  A little yellow for Daffodil Day   xx  Jen
 
Photo: Okay! Everyone knows a little girl that would LOVE this gorgeous doll handmade by Laura from Hazel's Tea Party. She is just adorable! Like and share on your page to go in the draw to win her and a wonderful tin print "Explore the World" by Jenni here at FACTORY & FIELD :) :)
 

4 comments:

  1. Very exciting! I will go and like their page right away, and hope to get to see what you've made!

    XOXO
    Lynn Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am excited for you! I will bookmark the page , and check back in October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of place! And I love the no black on my rack rule.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not on Facebook (yes strange I know). Do they have a website? Would love to have a sticky at your designs :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails